Completing our mini-Visita Iglesia from Liliw, we proceeded to the St. Bartholomew Church of the neighboring town of Nagcarlan. Originally, it was made of light materials in 1583 by Rev. Thomas de Miranda, who successfully pioneered the cultivation of wheat on uplands of Nagcarlan.
This church of brick and stone was built in 1752, repaired in 1781, then a choirloft was added in 1845 by Rev. Vicente Velloc. Like the church of Liliw, it is also situated on a hill, to provide a vantage view of the town.